To create and format a new partition (volume)
1. Open Computer Management by selecting the Start button. The select Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management .
2. In the left pane, under Storage , select Disk Management.
3. Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then select New Simple Volume .
4. In the New Simple Volume Wizard, select Next .
5. Enter the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then select Next .
6. Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then select Next .
7. In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following: If you don't want to format the volume right now, select Do not format this volume , and then select Next . To format the volume with the default settings, select Next .
8. Review your choices, and then select Finish .
We'd love to hear your feedback and questions about the problem kindly use comment area below.